Saturday, May 14, 2011

Links I Like

Hello hello! Just popping in to add some info regarding Regency menswear that I've come across the last few months. Some of these links cover extant garments, some are historical reproductions. They're all useful to look at if you're thinking of making a gentlemen's outfit. I've organized the links by garment type, so there are a few repeats if a post covers multiple topics.

**If anyone would like me to remove the link to your site, please contact me and I will be glad to do so.

Here are the awesome blogs these resources are from, in no particular order. These blogs contain a lot more info than I've linked to here, so go poke around on them!
Jane Austen Today
Two Nerdy History Girls
Romantic History
A Tailor Made It
Drunk Tailor
Mackin-Art
Mme. du Jards Atelier
A Fashionable Stitch
Wearing History


Tailcoats

Shirts
18th C. Men's Shirt - including an explanation of why they were so long!

Waistcoats

Breeches & Trousers
Waistcoat and Trousers (repeat from above)

Accessories

Buttons & Buttonholes
Buckles and Buttons (repeat from above)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Beth...will certainly be having a look at some of these, as I am in the process of making a pair of fall-front trousers for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend is blogging about men's regency wear at http://aylwen.blogspot.com .

    ReplyDelete